Definition of Yunnan
1 province of southwestern China bordering on Myanmar (Burma), Laos, and Vietnam; capital Kunming area 168,417 square miles (437,884 square kilometers), population 45,966,766
2 or Yunnanfu — see kunming
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game