Definition of Yukon
1 river 1979 miles (3185 kilometers) long in Yukon and Alaska flowing northwest and southwest into the Bering Sea — see lewes sense 1
2 or formerly Yukon Territory territory of northwestern Canada between Alaska and British Columbia bordering on the Arctic Ocean; capital Whitehorse area 205,345 square miles (531,843 square kilometers), population 33,897
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game