Definition of Yucatán
1 peninsula jutting into the Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico in southeastern Mexico and northern Central America including Belize and part of Guatemala
2 state of southeastern Mexico at the northern end of the Yucatán Peninsula; capital Mérida area 16,749 square miles (43,380 square kilometers), population 1,955,577
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game