\ ˈyäməl, ˈyam-\
variants: or less commonly Yamhill \ ˈyamˌhil \
plural Yamel or Yamels also Yamhill or Yamhills
Definition of Yamel
1 : a Kalapooian people of the Yamhill river valley, northwestern Oregon
2 : a member of the Yamel people
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?