Xen·o·pel·ti·dae | \ ˌzenəˈpeltəˌdē\
Definition of Xenopeltidae
: a family of harmless terrestrial or burrowing snakes that is intermediate in many respects between the Boidae and Colubridae and includes solely the sunbeam snake
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game