Definition of Wyoming
1 state in the northwestern U.S.; capital Cheyenne area 97,914 square miles (254,576 square kilometers), population 563,626
Note: Wyoming is the least populous state in the U.S.
2 valley of the Susquehanna River in northeastern Pennsylvania
3 city in southwestern Michigan southwest of Grand Rapids population 72,125
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game