Definition of Wisconsin
1 river 430 miles (692 kilometers) long in central Wisconsin flowing south and west into the Mississippi River
2 state in the north central U.S. with borders on Lake Michigan and Lake Superior; capital Madison area 56,154 square miles (145,439 square kilometers), population 5,686,986
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?