Wien's displacement lawnoun
\ ˈvēnz-, ˈwēnz-\
Definition of Wien's displacement law
: a statement in physics: the wavelength of thermal radiation most copiously emitted by a blackbody is inversely proportional to the absolute temperature of the body
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?