Definition of West-Atlantic
: a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages including Wolof, Serer, Balante, Limba, Temne, Kissi, and Gola which are spoken in western Africa from Senegal to Liberia and Fulani which has spread eastward from Senegal to Cameroon
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?