Wein·man·nia | \ wīnˈmanēə\
Definition of Weinmannia
: a large genus of shrubs and trees (family Cunoniaceae) that are found chiefly in the southern hemisphere and have opposite mostly simple leaves, racemose flowers, a free ovary, and 2-celled 2-valved capsules — see tenio
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?