Wattsbiographical name (1)
Definition of Watts
(Entry 1 of 3)
George Frederic 1817–1904 English painter and sculptor
Wattsbiographical name (2)
Definition of Watts (Entry 2 of 3)
Isaac 1674–1748 English theologian and hymn writer
Definition of Watts (Entry 3 of 3)
section of Los Angeles, California, south of the downtown district
Note: Watts was the scene of destructive race riots in 1965.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game