Walvis Baygeographical name
Definition of Walvis Bay
town and port on Walvis Bay (an inlet of the Atlantic) in western Namibia west of Windhoek population 61,700
Note: Walvis Bay was formerly an exclave of the Republic of South Africa forming a district whose area was 434 square miles (1124 square kilometers).
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game