Wald·hei·mia | \ wȯldˈhīmēə\
Definition of Waldheimia
: a genus of brachiopods closely resembling Terebratula but having longer brachial loops and including many fossil forms and a few that still exist in the deep sea
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game