Wai·wai | \ ˈwīˌwī\
variants: or less commonly Woyawai or Woyaway \ ˈwȯiəˌwī \
plural Waiwai or Waiwais
Definition of Waiwai
1a : a Cariban people of the borderlands of Brazil, British Guiana, and Surinam
b : a member of such people
2 : the language of the Waiwai people
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game