\ ¦wīdnər¦bərjə̇s- \
Definition of Waidner-Burgess standard
: a unit of luminous intensity equal to the luminous intensity of one square centimeter of ideal blackbody at the freezing point of platinum or to 60 candles
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game