Wa·djak man | \ ˈwäˌjäk-, ˈwäˌdyäk-\
Definition of Wadjak man
: an extinct large-headed man of primitive proto-Australoid type known from two Javanese skulls that is often set apart as a species (Homo wadjakensis) but is probably a primitive form of modern man (Homo sapiens) intermediate between Solo man and the modern Australian natives
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game