\ ˈvō(ə)rs, -ȯ(ə)rs, -ōəs, -ȯ(ə)s-\
Definition of Vorce cell
: a cylindrical cell that has graphite anodes and a steel cathode with an asbestos diaphragm and that is used for making sodium hydroxide and chlorine by electrolysis of sodium chloride
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game