Volcano Islandsgeographical name
Definition of Volcano Islands
islands in the western Pacific south of the Bonin Islands area 11 square miles (29 square kilometers) — see iwo jima
Note: The Volcano Islands belong to Japan, but were under U.S. control from 1945 to 1968.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?