Vo·gul | \ ˈvōgu̇l\
plural Vogul or Voguls
Definition of Vogul
1a : a hunting and herding people of the northern Ural mountains of western Russia in Asia akin to the Votyaks and Magyars
— called also Mansi
b : a member of such people
2 : the Finno-Ugric language of the Vogul people
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?