Definition of Virunga
volcanic mountain range in the eastern part of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, in southwestern Uganda, and in northwestern Rwanda north of Lake Kivu
Note: Virunga's highest peak is Karisimbi at an altitude of 14,780 feet (4505 meters).
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game