Vi·greux column | \ vēˈgrə̄-\
Definition of Vigreux column
: a long unpacked glass tube for use in laboratory fractional distillation that is characterized by many deep pointed indentations in its sidewall and has an opening at the top for a thermometer and a side arm near the top for attachment to a condenser
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?