Vickers hardness testnoun
Vick·ers hardness test | \ ˈvikə(r)z-\
Definition of Vickers hardness test
: an indentation hardness test for metals in which a 136-degree diamond pyramid is pressed into the surface of the metal being tested by a load of 5 to 120 kilograms
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game