\ ˈveps \
variants: or less commonly Vepse \ ˈvepsə \
plural Veps also Vepses
Definition of Veps
1a : a Finnish people of Russia now merged in the general population of the area between the Dnieper and the Volga
b : a member of such people
2 : a Finno-Ugric language of the Veps people
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game