Definition of Venetian dentil
: one of a series of cubical projections alternating with splayed surfaces that may be formed along the edge of a projecting band by cutting bevels at intervals to produce notches with the dentils between also : the ornament or ornamentation so produced
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game