Definition of Venetian carpet
: an inexpensive carpet having a worsted warp which conceals the weft and a pattern commonly made up of simple stripes and used especially formerly for passages and stairs
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game