Ven·er·a·cea | \ ˌvenəˈrāshēə\
Definition of Veneracea
: a suborder of Eulamellibranchia comprising bivalve mollusks with the foot compressed, the siphons generally short, and both adductor muscles present and including the families Veneridae and Petricolidae
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?