Ve·dan·ga | \ vāˈdäŋgə\
Definition of Vedanga
: any one of six classes of Sanskrit works written in the sutra style including phonetics, meter, grammar, etymology, religious ceremony, and the ritualistic calendar and designed to teach how to recite, understand, and apply Vedic texts
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game