Valle d'Aostageographical name
Definition of Valle d'Aosta
autonomous region of northwestern Italy bordering on France and Switzerland northwest of Piedmont; capital Aosta area 1260 square miles (3263 square kilometers), population 126,806
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game