Uttar Pradeshgeographical name
Definition of Uttar Pradesh
state of northern India bordering on Tibet and Nepal; capital Lucknow area 89,270 square miles (231,209 square kilometers), population 199,812,341 — see united provinces
Note: Uttar Pradesh is the most populous state of India.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- What's that Smell?! Quiz Take the quiz
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game