Uredi·na·les | \ yəˌredᵊnˈā(ˌ)lēz, -rēd-\
Definition of Uredinales
: a large order of parasitic, basidiomycetous fungi that cause rusts in plants, have complex life cycles involving usually pycnial, aecial, uredinial, and telial stages often on different hosts, and are distinguished from the smuts by producing on a sterigma basidiospores which germinate not by budding but by growing out into an infective hypha
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?