United States of Americageographical name
Definition of United States of America
Note: A native or inhabitant of the United States of America is usually referred to as an American. Terms that are used infrequently or in special contexts include Columbian and United Statesian, while Yankee is sometimes used by people from other countries.
see also american entry 1 sense 3
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?