United Arab Emiratesgeographical name
Definition of United Arab Emirates
country in northeastern Arabia on the Persian Gulf between Qatar and Oman capital Abu Dhabi area 32,278 square miles (83,600 square kilometers), population 9,701,000
Note: The United Arab Emirates is a republic composed of seven sheikhdoms (Abu Dhabi, ʽAjman, Al Fujayrah, Ash Shariqah, Dubayy, Ra's al Khaymah, and Umm al Qaywayn) formerly under British protection.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game