Definition of Ulotrichales
: an order of green algae that includes the family Ulotrichaceae and in some classifications also Ulvaceae and that comprises freshwater or marine forms having a multicellular thallus with usually simple or branched filaments sometimes aggregated to form pseudoparenchymatous masses or sheets, asexual reproduction effected by zoospores, and sexual reproduction by fusion of isogametes or of differentiated egg and sperm cells
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?