Definition of Ukraine
Note: Ukraine was a constituent republic of the U.S.S.R. from 1923 to 1991. In the past Ukraine was frequently referred to as the Ukraine; however, since Ukraine declared independence in 1991, most newspapers and magazines have adopted the style of referring to Ukraine without a preceding the, and this has become the more common styling.
see also ukrainian
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?