Definition of Uganda
republic in eastern Africa north of Lake Victoria capital Kampala area 91,134 square miles (236,037 square kilometers), population 34,856,813
Note: Uganda is a member of the Commonwealth of Nations.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game