Turks and Caicosgeographical name
Definition of Turks and Caicos
two groups of islands (the Turks Islands and the Caicos Islands) in the British West Indies at the southeastern end of the Bahamas; area 166 square miles (432 square kilometers), population 31,458
Note: The Turks and Caicos comprise a British overseas territory whose seat of government is on Grand Turk, an island 7 miles (11 kilometers) long .
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game