Turkish checkersnoun plural but usually singular in construction
Definition of Turkish checkers
: checkers in which each player has 16 men and all 64 squares of the checkerboard are used, single men move forward, sideward, or diagonally forward, and kings move any distance in any direction
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?