Tur·di·dae | \ ˈtərdəˌdē\
Definition of Turdidae
: a widely distributed family of singing birds (suborder Passeres) containing the true thrushes and a greater or lesser number of related birds (such as often the bluebirds, wheatears, stonechats, Old World warblers, Old World redstarts, solitaires, and the mockingbirds and thrashers)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- Is 'Cement' 'Concrete'?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game