Tu·los·to·ma·ce·ae | \ t(y)üˌlästəˈmāsēˌē\
Definition of Tulostomaceae
: a family of fungi (order Sclerodermatales) comprising the stalked puffballs and distinguished by having sporocarps similar to the Lycoperdaceae but with the unchambered gleba raised on a stalk
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?