Definition of Tugela
river 312 miles (502 kilometers) long in the eastern part of the Republic of South Africa in central KwaZulu-Natal flowing east to the Indian Ocean
Note: Near the source of the Tugela River on Mont Aux Sources are the Tugela Falls, which are 3110 feet (948 meters) high.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game