Definition of Tucana
: a southern constellation that is visible between the constellations of Hydrus and Grus and that is represented by the figure of a toucan Over a similar 10-day period last month, the Hubble telescope operated by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration was focused on a narrow region in the constellation Tucana, near the south celestial pole.— John Noble Wilford, New York Times, 24 Nov. 1998
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game