Tubmanbiographical name (1)
Definition of Tubman
(Entry 1 of 2)
Harriet circa 1820–1913 American abolitionist
Tubmanbiographical name (2)
Definition of Tubman (Entry 2 of 2)
William V(acanarat) S(hadrach) 1895–1971 Liberian lawyer; president of Liberia (1944–71)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?