Trop·i·do·lep·tus | \ ˌträpədōˈleptəs\
Definition of Tropidoleptus
: a genus of articulate brachiopods widely distributed in Devonian formations where they are important index fossils and characterized by a concavo-convex shell wide at the hinge and with broad rounded ribs
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game