Trop·i·do·lep·tus | \ ˌträpədōˈleptəs\
Definition of Tropidoleptus
: a genus of articulate brachiopods widely distributed in Devonian formations where they are important index fossils and characterized by a concavo-convex shell wide at the hinge and with broad rounded ribs
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game