Tri·tyl·odon | \ trīˈtiləˌdän\
Definition of Tritylodon
: a genus of extinct vertebrates from the lower Mesozoic of Africa and Europe in many respects intermediate between reptiles and mammals and formerly classed as primitive mammals but now usually placed among the reptiles forming with a few related forms the family Tritylodontidae
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?