Trip·sa·cum | \ ˈtripsə̇kəm\
Definition of Tripsacum
: a genus of coarse perennial grasses of the southern U.S. and South America having androgynous spikes with the 2-flowered staminate spikelets above and the pistillate below with the latter embedded in the joints of the rachis — see gama
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game