Tripho·ra | \ ˈtrifərə, -rīf-\
Definition of Triphora
: a genus of American terrestrial orchids having fleshy tubers, ovate usually clasping leaves, axillary flowers that have an erect lip but are crestless and spurless, and fruit that is a drooping capsule — see nodding cap
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game