Definition of Trieste
Note: Trieste serves as capital of the region of Friuli-Venezia Giulia and is located on Gulf of Trieste (an inlet at the head of the Adriatic Sea northwest of the Istrian Peninsula). Trieste once belonged to Austria, then was part of Italy from 1919 to 1947, when it along with surrounding territory became the Free Territory of Trieste under the administration of the United Nations. The city along with the northern part of the Free Territory returned to Italy 1953, by which time the southern part of the territory had been absorbed into Yugoslavia.
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?