Tra·cau·lon | \ trəˈkȯˌlän, -lən\
Definition of Tracaulon
in some classifications
: a genus of herbaceous vines (family Polygonaceae) occurring in North America and Asia, having prickly or bristly stems, prickly veined leaves mostly hastate or cordate at the base, racemose flowers, and angled fruits, and being commonly included in the genus Polygonum
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game