Tor·tric·i·dae | \ tȯ(r)‧ˈtrisəˌdē\
Definition of Tortricidae
: a family of small moths usually having a stout body, oblong lightly fringed wings, threadlike antennae, and a tuft of scales at the end of the abdomen, many of the larvae being leaf rollers and others living in various fruits and galls
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game