To·ri·lis | \ təˈrīlə̇s, -rēl-\
Definition of Torilis
: a genus of annual weedy herbs (family Umbelliferae) that are found in the northern hemisphere and have pinnately decompound leaves, compound umbels of white flowers, and fruits with five primary and four secondary ribs — see hedge parsley
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game