To·ri·lis | \ təˈrīlə̇s, -rēl-\
Definition of Torilis
: a genus of annual weedy herbs (family Umbelliferae) that are found in the northern hemisphere and have pinnately decompound leaves, compound umbels of white flowers, and fruits with five primary and four secondary ribs — see hedge parsley
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?